Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Dream Girl

Last Wednesday was my birthday, and the boys treated me like a princess!! I woke up to the sweetest little voices singing "Happy Birthday To You!!" As the day went on they moved from the traditional version of the song, and onto the version where I smell and look like a monkey! LOL! Silly boys! Zane also called me "Birthday Mom" all day! Our day was pretty normal consisting of preschool, chores, eating, and naps! Of course, it's not a normal day without a few tantrums! :) Eric took me out on a date to Outback. We split a steak, salad, sides...and a Bloomin' Onion. It really didn't taste as good as we thought it would! It was so nice to have uninterrupted conversation, and I was able to finish my meal without having to share with 3 little boys! We went back to Fred & Libby's house for dessert, and presents. Libby was so very sweet to make a dessert that was paleo friendly, and it was delicious. She made a coconut dessert. I will put the recipe on here soon.

The boys handpicked cards for me! Brandt chose a princess card that came with a birthday button. It had a picture of Rapunzel, and said "Dream Girl." He made me wear it all night, and the following day! He was so proud! Jax also picked out a princess card that had stickers. That boy is all about the stickers.  What was so sweet about his card is that he wrote "Mom" & "Jaxon" all by himself on it!! Zane picked me out a superhero card! :) It is so much fun to see him start writing sentences, and spelling out words the way they sound! I got some pretty awesome gifts, too! I got a ton of different things for cookie decorating!! I am thrilled to use them!! I also got a couple of cook books, a jewelry organizer, blanket, gift card, and a lovely gag gift (watch out family, it will come back around!!)

The day wouldn't have been complete without talking to Mom and Dad on the phone. I wish we had all been together, but I'm thankful that we could talk :) It never does get easier living 8 hours away from my family, but it's really neat how far technology has come since I have lived here in MO. One of our favorite things to do is Skype with Mimi and Papa!!

It was a great birthday, and I can't believe how old I am. I know it's not THAT old, but I'm finally starting to feel older. :) My sister in law, Michelle, asked me an interesting question...What is one thing that took you 26 years to learn? My answer would be to enjoy the little moments as much as the big moments because they go by SO fast. This past year I have really started enjoying the little things, like little handprints everywhere, or the sound of feet running down the hall, because I know in the blink of an eye my babies will be men. That makes me tear up just thinking about it!!

I am thankful for so many great memories, lessons learned, and adventures this past year. I'm excited to see what God has in store for this year :)


No comments:

Post a Comment