Thursday, January 17, 2013

Paleo Weeks 1-2

This week marks the completion of 2 weeks on the paleo diet. We have really enjoyed eating healthy, and the benefits that have come with it!

I have lost almost 10 pounds!! The majority of that came off within the first week, which was a huge motivator. My birthday fell right in the middle of week 2, so we went out for dinner, and had a cheat meal. We both agreed that it just didn't taste as good as we thought. But that's okay. This is a lifestyle change, not a quick fix. Normally, just the thought or smell of something could send me spiraling off of my diet, but this time it's different. And I am thrilled about that!

Eric has lost 7 lbs, and is definitely losing size. He isn't snoring as much either! It's so nice to have him on board with all of this. He is such an encouragement to me, and is so kind to listen to all of my new paleo findings, and recipes.

The boys have been doing great with making healthy choices. They are eating vegetables, and fruits that I never thought they would! They were never too picky, and I think that has really helped. I didn't think it was a good idea for me to pull everything out of their diet cold-turkey, so I have been slowly removing things, or cutting back on quantity. They seem to be sleeping better, and haven't had as many tummy aches or issues like before. I even think Brandt's eczema is a bit better! It's not cleared up by any means, but even a little bit helps! The boys have been showing me their muscles multiple times a day so I can see how big, and strong they are getting! Zane has even started doing "push-ups!!"

Here are some of my new favorite things to cook with:
*Coconut oil
*Coconut flour
*Coconut Milk
*Almond Flour

Favorite foods for weeks 1-2:
*Almond butter with apples or a banana
*Ham breakfast casserole (without cheese!)
*Smoothies
*Turkey sausage with spaghetti squash, onions, and bell pepper
*Turkey bacon with eggs
*Coconut squares
*Homemade ice cream made with coconut milk
(Stay tuned for these recipes!!)

I've been spending so much time cooking full meals, and not just throwing meals together. I am loving just about everything about it, except for the clean up! I haven't figured out how to cook a meal without using just about everything in our kitchen! :) I think it's worth it though!

No comments:

Post a Comment