Friday, January 4, 2013

Zane's Take On Paleo


I love this boy more than words. He is a gift from God, and I can't believe he is already five!! Where has the time gone?!

This year he starts kindergarten, and he is beyond thrilled. He takes after his mama, and is a lover of all things school...including cool school supplies!!

This week we sat Zane down, and talked about how we were going to start eating healthier. We talked about eating foods that will make our bodies feel good, and help us grow stronger. And that all of the food will be on Superman's list!! :) He loved that!!

It is important to me that the boys learn how to make good food choices, so we decided to send a healthy snack to school with Zane, then gave him the choice to eat that or the snack from school. I think that as we become more accustomed to eating whole foods that the boys WILL feel the difference in their bodies, and start making good choices. He said he would like to eat the snacks I sent to school, but I was so curious to see what he would choose in the moment.

Well, he surprised me!! He chose apples from home over pretzels, homemade fruit snacks over chocolate chip cookies brought in for a birthday (will power!!), and homemade "granola" over crackers!! Today he did decide to eat string cheese, and we were able to talk about how it made him feel, being the only dairy he's had all week! :)

I was worried about how he would feel around his classmates with this big change, but he assured me it was okay, and he just wanted to be healthy & strong. His friends have been curious about his different snacks, and he's even taken the opportunity to have conversations about eating healthy with them! Lol! He's such a little man!

I know we are only in week one of this new lifestyle, but I can't tell you how good we all feel. :) We. Are. Hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment